What to do after water enters your home.
It's alarming to find water in your home or business much less to try to figure out what to do when it is discovered. From pipes busting to air conditionersleaks, a water heater dumping gallons of water into your home or even the toilet backing up into your bathroom. We'veseen it all. Well, most of it anyway. Below are a few tips to help you while you wait for us to arrive.
* Shut off water source if possible and it can be done safely.
* Remove excess water by mopping or blotting.
* Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Do not put cushioncovers in the washing machine.
* Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniturelegs.
*Remove oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpet.
*DO NOT use a regular vacuum to remove water.
* DO NOT turn on ceilingfixtures if a ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retianiedwater.
*Do not leave book magazines or colored items on wet carpeting.
* Contact your insurance agent and obtain a claim number for your loss.