With one small mishap, cooking in your kitchen can lead to disaster, and all fire safety measures can go out the window. A small bit of grease can escape a pan somewhere, and fire can ignite into something devastating. Soot and ash now cover everything, and your kitchen has fire damage as well as material burns. Cleaning will no doubt become a hassle, but where to begin? SERVPRO of Valdosta has some tips for you on how to clean after a kitchen fire, especially if there is some serious fire damage.
What to do after a fire damage:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change the HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
SERVPRO of Valdosta has trained professionals waiting to assist you in your time of need. Kitchen fires can be dangerous and hard to clean up. Call the professionals at (229)244-1466. We will work to make it "Like it never even happened."