Hurricane Season Preparedness
Typically hurricane season starts June 1 and goes thru Nov 30th. But we all know that weather has a mind of its own. Being prepared is half the battle. This year scientists predicted a slightly below average Atlantic hurricane season. Which is good news for us here on the Southern East Coast but its even better to be prepared for one. Being part of the crowd is not ideal the day or week before a hurricane. Below are a few things to have on hand for the season. If we are affected by a hurricane it will make your ability to ride out the storm easier.
- Have a plan to evacuate if required
- Have a plan for your pets
- Have a disaster readiness kit prepared
- Water 1 gallon per person for at least 3 days
- Food At least 3 days supply of non perishables per person.
- Battery powered or hand crank radio with tone alert.
- First Aid Kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle to signal for help
- Garbage bags and moist towelettes
- Manual can opener
- Cell phone with extra back up batteries. A bin with these items will help you and your family survive the storm and if damage does occur call SERVPRO to help with the clean up.