Hurricane Season 2022
Hurricane season for the Atlantic begins June 1 and runs through November 30. Hurricanes can be life-threatening as well as cause serious property-threatening hazards such as flooding, storm surge, high winds, and tornadoes.
Did you know?
- About 40% of hurricanes hit Florida.
- Hurricanes are most active in September (source noaa.gov)
Preparation is the best protection against the danger of a hurricane. Prepare your home and office today!
- Plan an evacuation route and your emergency plan
- Take an inventory of your property
- Hurricane Prep Kit
A basic disaster supply kit includes:
- 1 gallon of water per person
- non-perishable food to last three days
- a battery-powered or hand crank radio
- flashlight + extra batteries
- first aid kit
- whistle to signal for help
- moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Can opener for food
- Local maps (printed)
When a hurricane strikes, SERVPRO of Valdosta is ready to take action to restore your home or business. If you need help after a hurricane, count on SERVPRO of Valdosta to make it “Like it never even happened.”